Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Late Night Tea - Infinitea : Uptown Minneapolis MN

Photo on 2010-12-01 at 22.53
Adam, Francesca and I enjoy a some late night tea and art conversation

There's nothing like a cup of tea and some art making with some good friends.
Unless it's a bottomless cup of tea at one of your favorite tea houses.

Infinitea (2827 Hennepin Ave. S. Minneapolis, MN 55408) is one of the great tea places here in Minneapolis. Over the last several months, Francesca and I have grown to love their diverse selections of awesome looseleaf teas. We've been to a couple of the fantastic Tea Tastings, which are run by a great (and very knowledgeable) one of the staff, David. We've also been in there to relax a couple of times, too.

Tonight i was feeling crappy and drained, and after making a couple calls back and forth, we decided to get together and go out for a little bit. Francesca and Adam and I closed the place down - lots of tea drinking, sketching, and digital painting went on tonight, which was awesome on many levels.


Photo on 2010-12-01 at 22.54
Tea Membership Cards for the Month of December!

Besides that, Infinitea is now offering a monthly tea membership card. For $30 you can have unlimited tea for the entire month of December. For people like us, that is a dream come true. Besides that fact that it's a great deal, I almost feel like we're on some elite list - like we just won a lottery or something - or maybe like we are suddenly getting some special treatment. (not like they don't treat us wonderfully anyway!)

Photo on 2010-12-01 at 22.58 #3
Francesca and I are toasting to a our new bottomless cups of tea!

Before the night was through, Francesca and I drank a large tea each, and had one for the road.

I had the Roasted Citrus Something (shoot, I don't entirely remember...) for my first cup of tea, then the Formosa Silver White Tea or something for my second cup.
The name of that second cup of tea used to be Formosa Superior Taifu or something, (so many changes!) so now I totally don't remember....

Francesca also had the Formosa, and then topped off her cup on the way out with Rose Melange White Tea (right?).

Who even knows what Adam got tonight - he is not normally a tea drinker, but he was there! And he was drinking tea! AND, almost more importantly, he was making art and drinking tea at the same time!

Photo on 2010-12-01 at 22.53 #2
Adam draws stuff in front of a great wall of Infinitea Christmas-time cuteness

Infinitea is awesome for 1000000 reasons. Besides the fact that I got to have a perfectly steeped cup of tea (or two) and I got to hang out with my best friends.

Bonus : I finally ran into my sister, Victoria, while I was there! She is awesome and I always seem to miss her on the days she gets a tea there! It was awesome to see her, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment